The IIA Chapter of Excellence program was introduced in early 2010 to recognize chapters for their belief in quality education and support of the CIA designation, specifically through The IIA’s CIA Learning System program. In 2019, 92 chapters earned this prestigious title.
Chapter of Excellence Program
Option 1: Host a live IIA CIA Learning System exam prep course within your Chapter area
- This may be a course sponsored by your chapter or in partnership with an IIA approved college/university partner in your chapter area. Chapters may also qualify by co-sponsoring courses with another chapter. A minimum of 2 course parts must be offered each calendar year.
Option 2 : Promote a live or online IIA CIA Learning System exam prep course occurring outside of your chapter area
- This may be a course offered by IIA Global, an IIA Conference/Seminar, another IIA Chapter or an IIA approved college/university partnership outside of your chapter area. A minimum of 4 course parts must be promoted each calendar year. A list of qualifying courses may be found at: learncia.com/classes-offered.
If your chapter becomes a Chapter of Excellence, you will earn the following:
- Exclusive VIP reception for chapter leaders attending Leadership Academy.
- Recognition at The IIA’s Leadership Academy.
- Chapter of Excellence lapel pin for chapter leaders attending Leadership Academy.
- Chapter of Excellence recognition tile ad to place on your chapter’s website.
- Chapter of Excellence certificate.
- 75 CAP points awarded under “Professionalism” (Tier 2) if 75% of task requirements are met in the CIA Learning category.
REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY
- E-mail announcement to your chapter members to promote the course.
- Post course dates and information on your chapter’s website.
- Place an announcement in your chapter newsletter.
- Announce the course at a chapter event.
- Exclusively post The IIA’s CIA Learning System tile ad on your chapter website’s home page and link to: learncia.com.
- Instructor materials and discounted student materials are available for chapters who wish to offer courses. Please contact Rich Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Chapters may offer or promote live or online courses.
- Chapters must complete the electronic tracking form by March 1 each year to qualify.
- Requirements must be completed 4 weeks prior to course start date and date of completion must be documented on the electronic tracking form.
- If your chapter does not have a newsletter or a chapter event occurring, to qualify you must execute an email announcement to your members and post the information on your chapter’s website.
- Qualifying chapters will be announced each year at The IIA’s Leadership Academy.
Your chapter may find the following resources helpful as you promote your training programs.