Offered by The IIA, select IIA chapters, IIA institutes, and local colleges and universities around the globe, Facilitator-led Courses provide an in-depth examination of the material for each Certified Internal Auditor exam part in an in-person or online classroom format.
A Facilitator-led Course may be your perfect fit if you:
- Learn best in a structured setting with the support of an expert instructor and discussion with your peers.
- Require a set schedule and encouragement to keep you on track with your studies.
- Want to take advantage of company/employee tuition reimbursement programs.
- Wish to expand your professional network and share industry best practices.
The IIA’s CIA Online Seminars
What’s Included in a Facilitator-Led Course?
- Structured course syllabus: Your instructor will guide you through a set syllabus and assignments to ensure you stay on track to complete your studies.
- Online or in-person classroom format: Courses are available in either the traditional in-person classroom format or online format.
- Instructor guidance: Your expert instructor will use class time to highlight important topics, share insights, and discuss questions.
- Class discussions: Discuss topics and share experiences with other CIA candidates across a variety of industries.
COMPREHENSIVE READING MATERIALS
- Materials teach the entire 3-Part CIA exam syllabus, updated to align with the 2017 IPPF.
Part 1: Internal Audit Basics (1 book)
Part 2: Internal Audit Practice (1 book)
Part 3: Internal Audit Knowledge Elements (3 books)
- Study with printed materials or e-books.
- Use books as reference materials for years to come.
- Choose English or French materials. Learn more.
INTERACTIVE ONLINE STUDY TOOLS
- Pre-test – Evaluate your initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness.
- SmartStudy – Build a customized study plan using your pre-test results to target your most challenging topics and optimize your study time.
- Chapter-specific quizzes – After reading each chapter, test your comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Flashcards – Offer a review of key internal audit terms and definitions.
- Post Tests – After studying all chapters, gauge the knowledge you’ve gained and areas that require further study.
- CIA Practice Exam – This final exam will help you build confidence using the computer-based CIA exam software before you enter the test center.
- Progress Report – Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center – Access test-taking tips, CIA exam resources, feedback links and more!
- StudyPLUS – These CIA exam tips and tools, found in the online resource center, give you a final confidence boost for exam day.
- Online Access Period – Purchasers of an individual part will have access to the online study tools for one year from date of purchase. Purchasers of a full, three-part kit will have access for two years from date of purchase.