The Self-Study option allows you to prepare to pass the CIA exam any time, anywhere with using comprehensive reading materials and interactive online tools. You have the freedom to structure your study goals around your busy or unpredictable schedule.
The Self-Study Program may be your perfect fit if you:
- Have a very busy and/or unpredictable schedule and can’t commit to attending classes.
- Prefer to study on your own, at your own pace.
- Have the commitment and drive to stay on track with your studies.
- Wish to study in English or French.
What’s Included in the Self-Study Program?
COMPREHENSIVE READING MATERIALS
- Materials teach the entire 3-Part CIA exam syllabus, updated to align with the 2017 IPPF.
Part 1: Internal Audit Basics (1 book)
Part 2: Internal Audit Practice (1 book)
Part 3: Internal Audit Knowledge Elements (3 books)
- Study with printed materials or e-books.
- Use books as reference materials for years to come.
- Choose English or French materials. Learn more.
INTERACTIVE ONLINE STUDY TOOLS
- Pre-test – Evaluate your initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness.
- SmartStudy – Build a customized study plan using your pre-test results to target your most challenging topics and optimize your study time.
- Chapter-specific quizzes – After reading each chapter, test your comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Flashcards – Offer a review of key internal audit terms and definitions.
- Post Tests – After studying all chapters, gauge the knowledge you’ve gained and areas that require further study.
- CIA Practice Exam – This final exam will help you build confidence using the computer-based CIA exam software before you enter the test center.
- Progress Report – Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center – Access test-taking tips, CIA exam resources, feedback links and more!
- StudyPLUS – These CIA exam tips and tools, found in the online resource center, give you a final confidence boost for exam day.
- Online Access Period – Purchasers of an individual part will have access to the online study tools for one year from date of purchase. Purchasers of a full, three-part kit will have access for two years from date of purchase.