The Self-Study option allows you to prepare to pass the CIA exam any time, anywhere with using comprehensive reading materials and interactive online tools. You have the freedom to structure your study goals around your busy or unpredictable schedule.
The Self-Study Program may be your perfect fit if you:
- Have a very busy and/or unpredictable schedule and can’t commit to attending classes.
- Prefer to study on your own, at your own pace.
- Have the commitment and drive to stay on track with your studies.
- Are preparing to sit for the English exam on or after January 1, 2019 (Version 6.0) or the French exam before June 1, 2019 (Version 5.0).
- Wish to study in English or French.
What’s Included in the Self-Study Program?
COMPREHENSIVE READING MATERIALS
- Newly updated program teaches the latest global 3-pat CIA exam syllabi and is aligned with current standards
Part 1: Essentials of Internal Auditing
Part 2: Practice of Internal Auditing
Part 3: Business Knowledge for Internal Auditing
INTERACTIVE ONLINE STUDY TOOLS
- Pre-test – Evaluate your initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness.
- SmartStudy – Build a customized study plan using your pre-test results to target your most challenging topics and optimize your study time.
- Section quizzes – After reading each section of the reading materials, test your comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Video tutorials – Watch online video tutorials for an overview of the IPPF components.
- Flashcards – Offer a review of key internal audit terms and definitions.
- Post Test – After studying all chapters, gauge the knowledge you’ve gained and areas that require further study.
- CIA Practice Exam – This final exam will help you build confidence using the computer-based CIA exam software before you enter the test center.
- Progress Report – Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center – Access test-taking tips, CIA exam resources, feedback links and more!
- StudyPLUS – These CIA exam tips and tools, found in the online resource center, give you a final confidence boost for exam day.
- Online Access Period – Purchasers of an individual part will have access to the online study tools for one year from date of purchase. Purchasers of a full, three-part kit will have access for two years from date of purchase.