The Self-study option allows you to prepare to pass the CIA exam any time, anywhere with using comprehensive reading materials and interactive online tools. You have the freedom to structure your study goals around your busy or unpredictable schedule.
The Self-study Program may be your perfect fit if you:
- Have a very busy and/or unpredictable schedule and can’t commit to attending classes.
- Prefer the flexibility to study on your own, at your own pace.
- Have the commitment and drive to stay on track with your studies.
What’s Included in the Self-study Program?
ONLINE READING MATERIALS
Reading materials teach the CIA exam syllabi, incorporating the latest IIA Professional Guidance, in a concise and easy-to-understand format.
- Learn the entire CIA exam syllabus and The IIA’s most current professional knowledge.
Part 1: Essentials of Internal Auditing
Part 2: Practice of Internal Auditing
Part 3: Business Knowledge for Internal Auditing
- Download books to your e-reader, read online, or choose printed books (optional add-on).
- Explore topics in more detail online with direct links to additional resources.
INTERACTIVE ONLINE STUDY TOOLS
Enjoy a dynamic online study experience that prioritizes topics based on your personal knowledge gaps and tracks your progress through quiz scores and activities.
- Pre-test – Evaluates your initial knowledge to create your personalized study path.
- Quizzes – Apply and test your comprehension and retention of topics.
- Video Tutorial – Provides an overview of the IPPF components.
- Flashcards – Review key terms and definitions.
- CIA Practice Exam – Build confidence through a computer-based CIA exam emulation.
- StudyPLUS – Get CIA exam tips and tools in this CIA exam prep guide.
- Online Access Period – Purchasers of an individual part will have access to the online study tools for one year from date of purchase. Purchasers of a full, three-part kit will have access for two years from date of purchase.